IMPORTANT DATES, Updated 2020.5.14
Full Papers Submission
June 30, 2020
Extended to July 10, 2020
Final: Extended to July 17, 2020
Special Session August 1, 2020
Acceptance Notification August 16, 2020
Final Manuscript Deadline September 1, 2020
The 23rd International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC2020) will be held as Virtual Edition from October 18th to 21st, 2020. The theme of this year’s conference is “Bridging wireless and business worlds”. This event is co-hosted by Okayama University, National Institute of Information and Communication Technology (NICT), Yokosuka Research Park (YRP), and CTIF Global Capsule (CGC).
The WPMC symposium was inaugurated in 1998, as a global platform which aims at enabling academia-industry-government collaboration in the field of wireless information. The WPMC has established itself as a unique global annual international symposium on wireless techno-business world. It encapsulates the high-end wireless technology and the current market and trends to create future businesses and innovative societies.
Continuing the series, the 23rd WPMC will bring together academia, government, business sectors and standardization bodies to explore activities, trends and future challenges towards innovative societies by bridging wireless and business worlds.
Main Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Wireless Communication System
- Advanced modulation schemes
- Cooperative communications
- Massive MIMO channel models
- Smart/ Reconfigurable antennas
- Ultra wideband, mm-Wave and THz communications
- Visible Light Communications
- Local 5G Systems
- Beyond 5G and 6G Vision & Systems
- Ad-hoc networks
- Cross-layer design
- Interference management
- IoT and M2M communications
- Localization for wireless networks
- Multimedia QoS, traffic management
- Spectrum sharing/coexistence
- Vehicular networks
Security and Privacy in Communications
- PHY-layer Security
- Communication privacy and anonymity
- Network intrusion detection and prevention, firewalls, packet filters
- Malware, botnets and distributed denial of service
- Public key infrastructures, key management, credential management
Multi Business Modeling in wireless worlds
- Big data and data mining
- Vertical and Horizontal 5G Business Model Ecosystems
- Leadership and management in 5G network based Multi Business Modeling
- 5G slicing in a world of Multi Business Modeling
- 5G Multi Business Modeling for Non-Conventional Approaches
A proposal for Special Sessions, Panel Sessions, and Round Table topics can be submitted to the special session chair before the deadlines. The session topics can be varied upon one’s interest but still relate to the technical tracks.
For everyone – Submit your papers through EDAS
All papers and abstracts should be submitted electronically to the EDAS Website at www.edas.info.
Please submit to “WPMC’20“ listed on the currently accepting submissions page. To simplify papers slotting to Tracks, authors will be limited to selecting one Topic area only from the listing on the Call for Papers. If the papers do not fit any of the topic areas listed, there will be a “Full papers (any related topics)” option.
For your convenience, the Conference Paper Templates from IEEE in various formats are linked here.
The papers must be submitted in Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF). The PDF file should pass the compatibility test in the IEEE PDF eXpress. IEEE PDF eXpress allows you to convert your Word, LaTeX, or range of other source files into IEEE Xplore compatible files (preferred option). You may also use PDF eXpress to check your own PDF files for compatibility.
Each lead author must visit the EDAS web site and establish an account with a username and password. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Visit www.edas.info and click the New Users link.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. *It is very important that your name and affiliation associated with your EDAS account are correct and match the name and affiliation that will be listed on your paper. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, email address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button. [note: if you select the USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
- You will receive an email containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS log-in page (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your username, password, and ID number for later reference.
Generate your PDF file using IEEE PDF eXpress™
- go to the IEEE PDF eXpress website at http://www.pdf-express.org/
- Click on ‘New User’ option to create your own IEEE PDF eXpress account.
Conference ID: 50192X
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion and/or PDF(s) for checking. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
- Proofread the PDF file generated thoroughly. There could be missing symbols, equations, graphs, and errors reported. Please re-prepare the source file and repeat the conversion. If the problem persists, please use the online help provided in the PDF eXpress site.